Thursday, January 22, 2009

Busy as a Bee

Been doing a bit of honey processing today. My 20L storage drum had got a bit crystalized so I cleaned it out and gently heated it to return it to liquid form. I then seperated honey from wax from a batch I took off six combs a month ago. Just a mere 17kg. I've sold it too a bloke who makes mead, he's getting a substansial discount in return for A. Product or B. Teaching me to make product.

Finally I'm busting out a few beeswax candles for a mates wedding. They won't be perfect, but they'll be very environmentaly sustainable and have bugger all carbon footprint.

Then next weekend they'll get robbed in a big way so when I go to NZ I don't have to worry about them swarming while the in laws are house sitting.






Lantanaland from the iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't worry if the candles aren't perfect - they'll look very arty and funky at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete